Huntswood are recruiting for a DevOps Engineer to join their Technology Operations team based in Reading.
The purpose of the role is to drive the implementation of automation in Huntswood. You will be part of a technical team assisting us on our automation transformation journey. You will be constantly looking for opportunities where we can improve our processes through automation and the adoption of new technologies, then designing and implementing that solution.
While Huntswood already have some automation in place, we recognise that we need to change, to adopt new methodologies and processes along DevOps principals. We will be looking to engineer out Closed Source applications where possible, automate to bring consistency and speed up deployments, bring Windows and Linux systems up to parity and look to introduce new technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
Duties will include:
* Work with the DevOps Manager to develop a plan for the adoption of DevOps processes, establishing DevOps at an Infrastructure level and driving a true modern DevOps culture
* Provide direction and execute on automation, security, continuous integration, improvement of existing features, deployment and rollout of new services, monitoring and Technology operations practices across infrastructure, security, networks and firewalls
* Choose and implement solutions such as Configuration Management, Version Control, Containerisation and Monitoring.
* Work with our Developers to ensure they design their solutions with DevOps in mind
* Identify opportunities for performance improvements through automation
* Champion the adoption of new technologies, from justification to specification to delivery
* Train other team members in the new technologies and methodologies
* Be a true team player, working professionally and constructively with colleagues offering help and assistance with incidents, user requests, problems and projects.
* Ensure Huntswood’s computing facilities are kept secure to reduce the risk of breaches of confidentiality, integrity and availability.
* Able to occasionally work out of hours to avoid disruption to end users
* Able to join an on-call out of hour rota should there be a need in the future
The right candidate will;
* Have strong in scripting languages, ideally python and Windows PowerShell
* Have a good level of understanding of Linux
* Have a good level of understanding of a Microsoft Windows
* Be experienced in utilising third part APIs
* Have a good level of understanding of TCP/IP networking and associated services.
* Have implementation experience with Configuration Management tools i.e SaltStack, Chef, Puppet etc.
* Have excellent business communication skills, able to communicate at all levels.
* Be an out-of-the-box thinker with a passion for IT and how information technology and new technology can be used to improve Huntswood.
* Have experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery concepts inc. IaaC (Infrastructure as a Code) and toolsets
In addition the following skills will be desirable;
* Understanding of Continuous Integration and Delivery concepts
* Experienced working in an Agile environment
* Experienced implementing new monitoring and reporting solutions
* Advanced understanding of physical computing environments including, physical servers, SAN technology, and networking devices.
* Experience of working with ISO27001:2013.
* Experience working on projects and breaking down projects into actions.
* Full and clean driving license.
To work with, Huntswood’s employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
* Confidential, reliable and genuine
* Dynamic, passionate and determined
* Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
“It’s not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it’s our values that make us special.”
If you think you are the right candidate for this opportunity then please do submit your CV.
- TCP/IP Networking
- Windows Powershell