At Rank Group Our aim is to be the UK’s leading multi-channel gaming operator. With Grosvenor Casinos being the UK’s largest multi-channel casino operator and Mecca being a leading operator of bingo clubs, we are certainly on our way to achieving our goal.
We are currently on the lookout for a new Estate Manager to join the team in Maidenhead. The duties of the Estates Manager are to assist the Head of Property to fulfil and promote the Property Department’s broad objectives
The main Accountabilities and Responsibilities for the Estate Manager are:
- Business rates generally – Where appropriate appoint and manage Rank Group’s external rating advisers and provide advice as requested by the Head of Property.
- Rent reviews & lease renewals generally – Monitor, notify and make recommendations in respect of all rent reviews and lease expiries, whether past, present or forthcoming.
- Property management:
- All Aspects of day to day estate management including dealings with Landlords, Tenants and issues arising from vacant properties as required by the Head of Property.
- Monitor, notify, liaise and make recommendations in respect of all break notices, rent reviews, lease expiries, temporary planning consent renewals and any other time dependant options affecting property assets.
- Deal with all Dilapidations notices and Schedules, including appointment of specialist advisors where approved by the Head of Property, and provide advice and recommendations for best course of action to achieve best outcome for Rank and its subsidiaries.
- Lettings & Disposals – Instructing and managing external surveyors to achieve results and best terms achievable for the letting/re-letting or disposal of properties etc
- Insurance – Assisting the Head of Property to verify that cover provided by Landlords for annual building insurance renewal is assessed in accordance with Lease provisions and upon accurate insurance valuations and at reasonable market premiums.
- Service Charge – Assisting the Head of Property to validate that apportionments and charges made by Landlords are in accordance with Lease provisions and the RICS Code of Practice
- Valuations – Assist the Head of Property to carry out; with or without external valuation specialists, OMR or OMV valuations, as required.
- Property database – use and ensure the computerised property database is maintained and updated to reflect current position.
- Budgets, Forecasts and FRS12 Provisions – Provide input to the preparation, update and submission of Budgets and Forecasts as requested by the Head of Property.
- External Surveyors & Consultants – Appoint and manage external surveyors and consultants as requested or approved beforehand by the Head of Property, in pursuance of Property Department objectives.
- Internal Communication – Co-ordinate, liaise with, provide advice, instructions or recommendations to, or communicate with other Rank employees, departments or trading divisions, as necessary, for the proper and effective execution of your responsibilities.
Knowledge, Expertise and Qualifications
- MRICS Qualified
- Must be nationally mobile (circa 3 days in Maidenhead)
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Extensive knowledge of property related legislation
- A methodical structured individual
- Ability to prioritise and problem solve and make recommendations for process improvements as required
- Good analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Commitment and self-motivation
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team
- High standards of professionalism and ethics
- Good communication and interpersonal skills