At Wates we are proud to b a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it?s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
We have roles available Nationwide.
Are you a forward thinker? Want to help us win multi-million-pound contracts? Then our Estimator Management Programme might be the right pathway for you.
Estimators hold a pivotal role within preconstruction and are responsible for estimating the costs of a building project. They work with all the other functions (design, building services, planning and site team) to understand their requirements and express them in an estimate which can then be offered as part of the work winning process. The cost of a project is usually the most important factor when a customer decides which company to work with.
As a Wates Estimator trainee, you will be involved in:
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs
- Gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Assessing the levels of risk on a project
- Analysing company data, exchange rates and prices using software packages
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities
- Our Management Trainee Programme
- If you're looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you?re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee
- We support you all the way through to Chartership
- Competitive industry pay
- We'll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You'll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You'll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
As well as structured on-the-job learning and technical and behavioural training, you will also complete either a higher apprenticeship in Construction Management, or a degree apprenticeship in Quantity Surveying depending on your level of education.
What we're looking for
- Genuine interest in our Construction business
- Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2020, this will be a condition of offer
Higher Apprenticeship: A minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade 4/C and above, including Maths and English
Degree Apprenticeship: 3 A-Levels or equivalent at grades BBB or above
This role will close on Sunday 17th November at 11:59pm. Please ensure you apply in enough time before the deadline as applications made past this date will not be considered. Assessment centres will take place in February and March 2020.
Save to shortlist