A well-established Plymouth based Maintenance contractor, are looking for a highly motivated professional, with experience in the building maintenance industry, to work as part of a friendly team. Providing Estimating for Maintenance contracts in the Education, Healthcare and Commercial sectors, This person will be a customer focused individual who appreciates the importance of maintaining relationships with existing clients and forging new ones with potential clients.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Liaise with clients, consultants, quantity surveyors, and other third parties.
• Actively monitor tender portals for relevant projects and establish contact.
• Review and evaluate all tender enquiries for completeness and accuracy.
• Administrate correspondence and tender documentation throughout the supply chain.
• Organise and attend site visits with suppliers and subcontractors.
• Obtain pricing in a timely manner to meet with submission deadlines.
• Review and evaluate all project costs and provide a complete price submission.
• Assess the levels of business risk on each project.
• Assess and provide all associated evidence to the highest standard and in line with the requirements specified within each enquiry
• Compile and provide detailed handover information for all successful bids to the Operations team
• Monitor the various stages of all successful bids to ensure costs are kept in line with the forecast
Qualifications, Skills and Experience should be:
• A minimum of 3 years' experience in the commercial building industry within a variety of specialties.
• Proven, successful tendering experience in building maintenance works.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal English.
• Highly numerate, uses initiative and solves problems independently
• Good organisation and time management skills
• Demonstrates strong attention to detail
• Full clean driving licence is required and a DBS will be conducted
You will ideally have expertise in the building maintenance industry, be able to communicate effectively and have a thorough understanding of their specialist area. Will have demonstrated skill in identifying, analysing and solving problems and using other applications such as Excel, Outlook and Word are essential.
Previous experience within a similar role and a sound knowledge in the preparation and submission of large tenders and quotations are essential. An understanding of project management and/or experience in other areas of project controls is desirable (i.e. planning, scheduling, estimating etc...).
In return you will receive a competitive salary and package
Interested please email or call me on