Galliford Try Partnerships currently have a great opportunity for an Estimator to join the team in Warrington, to take the lead in preparing the measuring and pricing element of tenders and to assist other estimators when required for larger schemes.
This is an excellent opportunity to be working permanently with one of the most successful and recognisable main contractors in the UK who have built a superb name in the market.
- Initial Appraisal of a tender opportunity, provide an overview of the project documents to the board for approval to submit a tender.
- Coordinate the measure of the project with the estimating team in order to meet the tender deadline.
- Identify risks and record on a tender risk register.
- Support the Bid Team to achieve the deadlines set
- Conduct site visits
- Ensure risks and opportunities are identified
- Organise and delegate tender elements so that the tender can be collated by the Bid Coordinator
- Compile Subcontract enquiries for issue electronically. Source subcontractors and suppliers capable of carrying the works specific to the project, size, complexity, Location.
- Attend tender design review meetings in order to ensure the bid team achieve the most economically advantageous bid.
- Price draft preliminaries where required in line with the tender programme and the assigned project manager for the tender.
- Price the measured Bills of Quantities for the scheme
- Present the financial elements for the tender Adjudication meeting
- Value engineering – provide advice and costs associated with value engineering proposals for the scheme
- Provide input in post-tender queries/negotiations
- Present the tender financially in the format provided by the client
- Initial Appraisal of documents issued for Land Bid opportunity
- Assessing build costs, technical constraints, planning advice, sales values, programme, specification
- Develop appraisal to establish scheme viability
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree / or professional body membership
- Demonstrate the use of first principles estimating
- Experience of two-stage tenders
- Land Bids
- Cost planning
- Computer literacy
- Strong commitment to achieving deadlines
- Positive attitude towards teamwork
Apply for job