Estimator - u.P.V.C. Windows and Doors - Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive dependent upon experience
Our client is a premium supplier of fenestration into the modular leisure industry based in South Yorkshire.
Their growth and development into other business areas has created a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced estimator to join the office based team. The estimator will act as the hub for information passing between the external sales team, the client, and office- based functions.
From a u.P.V.C. windows and doors background you will have demonstrable experience in the preparation of estimates for fenestration projects and also a high degree of customer care. You will be confident, self-organised, and have the communications skills to deal with both the clients and all internal departments.
- Prepare budgets and cost estimates for new contracts
- Setting up customers on the internal database system
- Ensuring any required samples are sent out and followed up with the customer/client.
- Following up quotes and keeping existing contracts up to date, including making amendments, providing new cost estimates, and maintaining communication with the client
- Ensuring that new customers/products are handled correctly through the business processes
- Working to company standards and guidelines when analysing and providing estimates; focus on maximising profit, value added sale, and customer satisfaction, whilst minimising any potential risks to the company
- Prepare detailed, well-written proposals for each client, adhering to client guidelines while offering competitive and comprehensive estimates, including supplementary documentation
- Maintain relationships with existing clients keeping a sales-minded attitude, and seek out and build relationships with new clients
- Keep detailed records of all estimate documentation for future reference
- Prepare and submit reporting documentation as required
- Handling multiple proposals and estimates at the same time and ensuring each reaches the client by the deadline
- Liaise with other company departments to maintain business development and continuously innovate new profitable outcomes
- Experience in the new build window industry
- Strong customer/communication Skills
- Sales and customer service experience
- Excellent time management skills and work prioritization
- Initiative and the ability to manage varying workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem Solving and an analytical nature
- A personable and enthusiastic approach to team building both internally and externally
- Strong IT skills - specifically the Windows Suite and the use of spreadsheets. Previous use of Windowmaker / Business Micros / Orgadata would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of estimating of aluminium fenestration products , curtain walling, and cladding systems would also be an advantage but is not essential
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.