One of the UK’s leading Estimating firm is looking for a full-time estimator to work from our Northampton office. The firm has grown rapidly over the past few years through innovation and customer service and we have got significant growth plans over the coming years. We are an enthusiastic and dynamic team who can offer great career progression in a fun working environment. We are looking for a candidate who is driven, hardworking, motivated and is looking to progress their professional career within an exciting new role.
The role is an office-based role to carry out takeoffs, bills of quantities, cost plans and tenders for our client base which includes contractors, sub-contractors, developers and private clients.
- Possible PQS background.
- Possible main contractor background.
- Some experience in an estimating role (desirable but not essential)
- Experience in taking off and pricing residential projects (desirable but not essential)
- Experience in doing take-offs for residential new builds (desirable but not essential)
- Experience in doing estimates for residential new builds (desirable but not essential)
- Experience in using Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Has experience using other forms of taking off and estimating software (desirable but not essential)
- Team player looking to work in a small local estimating firm
THE JOB ROLE
- To set up estimating files upon receipt of inquiries, both electronically and paper completing any further filing/addendums as they arise.
- To complete and maintain archives.
- Significantly interfaces with all supply chain members from both suppliers and subcontractors on all aspects associated with tenders from inquiry to contract award.
- To chase supplier, sub-contractor and manufacturer quotations.
- To take off residential and commercial projects.
- To maintain enquiry quotation register per contract.
- To complete estimating tasks.
- To assist in preparing a training manual to be used internally for training.
- To answer incoming telephones, taking message or redirecting as appropriate.
- To undertake any other general support and administration duties as will be required from time to time.
- To provide support and assistance to colleagues, and accounts team in peak periods.
- Good understanding of building and construction
- Highly organized and able to plan and prioritize
- Analytical and accurate
- Excellent communicator and able to build and maintains excellent working relationships
- Computer literate
- Able to work under pressure
- Relevant estimator qualifications (desirable but not essential)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate with clients and colleagues
- First-class time management skills
- Practical team player with a hands-on style
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Attention to detail