Freelance QS/Estimator required for South Yorkshire
Senior Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
Your new company
Our client specialise in external works and construction and currently require a Senior Quantity Surveyor/Estimator on a freelance basis for 3 + months.
Your new role
You will be responsible for the cost management, estimating, procurement, forecasting and tendering functions of the business.
The role will require a high level of professionalism and confidence in negotiations, managing contractual risk as well as advising and efficiently implementing the procurement strategy of the business and the projects
The candidate will mainly have the responsibility for the following:
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- Undertake cost analysis for project work;
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- perform risk, value management and cost control;
- Advise on a procurement strategy;
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
- Allocate work to subcontractors;
- Provide advice on contractual claims;
- Analyse outcomes and prepare detailed progress and cash flow reports;
- Value completed work and work closely with the Accounts team to arrange payments;
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Outstanding experience in the construction industry ;
- Have strong background in business legal contracts of different types and implementing amendments adjustable to suit different contracts scenarios;
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.