Exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a well-established team based in Nottingham, who have a varied portfolio of clients and projects, both locally and nationally, with a strong reputation for delivering high quality cost management services.
A leading consultancy is seeking a Quantity Surveyor to work on high profile projects ranging in value from £5 million to over £100 million, across sectors including education, commercial, retail, residential, infrastructure, and corporate real estate. This is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic, motivated and driven individual with strong quantity surveying experience from a consultancy background to join a world-leading player in its field. In return you will be provided the necessary support to develop your career to the next level.
You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of major schemes which would be a fantastic addition to your CV.
- Competitive salary
- Fantastic benefits package
- Amazing social team and environment
- Fully responsible for technical designs including flood risk assessments, schematic designs, masterplan designs, drawings and specifications for infrastructure projects associated with public and privately funded developments as well as international projects
- Required to plan and provide resourcing schedules, financial planning and fee proposals associated with your project or part of the project you are responsible for
- The role will also involve liaison with clients, local authorities and representatives from external organisations
- Required to work using your own initiative and drive with minimal to no supervision, the role will also involve the support, mentoring and supervision of junior team members
- Responsible for the technical design, production and review of projects, as well as review and checking of design information and reports prepared by others
- Must have the ability to liaise with and coordinate the work of other specialists within the company and with 3rd parties
- Work must be completed in accordance with company quality and Health & Safety requirements and financial constraints
- Required to produce or assist with the production of proposals for new commissions, and undertake project management and financial control of a project or part of a project you are responsible for
- Thorough understanding of construction forms and techniques including construction costs, and ability to knowledgably advise clients
- Strong customer management skills, including managing expectations
- Ability to represent the company during bid interviews and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent knowledge of a range of procurement options available in the industry
- Strong JCT and/or NEC contract experience
- Detailed understanding of methods / rule of measurement and experience with appropriate electronic measurement and cost planning software packages
- Effective people management skills, including training and mentoring less experienced members of staff
- Ideally, you will be a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or an equivalent recognized institutional body
For more information on this position please call Toby Willetts on today!!!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.