At Bellway we recognize that people are the key to our success and our goal is to provide a rewarding and fulfilling career in line with our values of quality, service, and trust. In addition to this, we are committed to being a more inclusive employer and invite applications from a variety of backgrounds.
There is an exciting opportunity to join Bellway, one of the UK’s largest house-builders. Our South London Division is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join the Division’s Commercial department.
This role of Quantity Surveyor is responsible for managing the commercial aspects of each development. This includes managing the costs for each site and ensuring that targets are met by managing and controlling the budgets and valuations.
The Quantity Surveyor reports to the Commercial Manager.
Principle accountabilities of the role include:
- Produce draft budgets and site start budgets for each site allocated to the Quantity Surveyor.
- Produce quarterly valuations and complete material ‘cost to complete’ exercises for each site the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for.
- Produce sub-contract payments and final accounts, ensuring that the sub-contractor has signed these off.
- Produce sub-contract orders, ensuring they are authorized by the authorized representative, together with all necessary documentation to comply with Group Commercial Policy.
- Complete on-site measurements and assess payments to contractors.
- Attend and contribute to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, quarterly valuation meetings and project review meetings with senior management, construction team as well as external contractors.
- Manage all sub-contract orders on-site, meeting sub-contractors as and when required.
- Maintain trade specifications.
- Price customer extras and liaise with the sales department as necessary.
- Manage the Professional Fees Budget.
- Assist with material buying when required.
- Assist the Estimator and / or Commercial Manager with take-off’s for land appraisals when required
Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- Experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor or Surveyor with a residential house builder.
Qualifications and Training
- HND/HNC Building Studies
- GCSE Grade C/4+ or equivalent in English and Maths
- Current CSCS card or equivalent is desirable
Skills and Aptitude
- Strong communication and listening skills, with good negotiation skills
- Highly motivated to deliver quality developments
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrates the ability to meet deadlines
- IT literate and the ability to adapt to new systems
- Good administration skills
- Committed to diversity and inclusion