About the Role:
Are you a construction estimator looking for a challenging role with a company that works within many different commercial sectors? If so read on as this company is looking for someone to join their vibrant team, offering great rates of pay and other benefits.
This successful and highly regarded fit-out and specialist building contractor based in North Hertfordshire is currently entering into a period of planned expansion. As a result of this they need to expand their management team to help ensure their projects are delivered to the highest standards. Working within the office refurbishment, fit out and commercial/industrial sector the work stream is varied and requires a high level of knowledge in all aspects of construction. The company is dynamic and forward-thinking, and has a range of exciting clients and a busy order book for the coming period.
Reporting to the Directors this is a highly varied role involving estimating, surveying and bid preparation responsibilities.
- Duties Include: - formulating design and build packages from initial client brief to full working specification and associated drawings. This will include all construction works alongside the mechanical and electrical installation.
- To be fully responsible for the timely delivery of tenders, quotations and budgets.
- Organising departmental resources to fulfil the needs of the tender programme and those of the customer, including customer liaison, bid build up and presentation documentation, preparation of drawings, specifications and pre-construction documentation etc. - attend the initial site visits, surveying, measuring and obtaining the detail required from the customer.
- To obtain competitive sub-contract prices to incorporate within their tender submission.
- To ensure sub-contractors quotations are in accordance with the tender requirements.
- To prepare detail price breakdown for adjudication meetings prior to the tender submission.
- To liaise with the Directors to set the profit percentage on specific projects.
- To liaise with Contract Managers and Surveyors at tender stage and during the construction process.
- To assist the growth of the company supply chain.
- To win a reasonable proportion of tenders submitted.
- To attend tender review meetings / interview with clients.
- To provide the appropriate breakdowns of tenders / quotations as requested by the client.
About the Benefits/Rewards:
The Salary will be dependent on your level and experience within the industry. The company offers excellent opportunities for growth and a very competitive salary (depending on experience) + Benefits including, bonus scheme, pension, life insurance, laptop, phone, vehicle and fuel card.
Ideal candidate will have a degree or a similar qualification however this is not essential. Candidates should have solid Estimating experience with at least ten years interior fit out, refurbishment and construction project experience