ACCOUNT MANAGER (SENIOR)
Location: Easy access from Leicestershire/Northamptonshire border
Hours: Permanent, Full time
Salary: Depending on experience
Our Northamptonshire based clients require an experienced Account Manager(Senior) to join their team in a full time and permanent role.
As a designer, manufacturer and installer of POS Displays for a wide variety of clients and industries it is essential that the successful candidate will come from a POS background working with a varied client base and a good understanding of promotional, semi permanent/ permanent retail displays.
Proven experience of growing accounts through cross selling/upselling is essential as well as an element of new business. Building relationships with both new and existing clients will include approximately 80% managing existing accounts 20% new business activity however this may change subject to the needs of the business.
A hands-on approach to the Account Management role and other areas of the business is also required, working as part of the wider (small) team with designers, project managers and production to ensure that overall objectives and continued successes for the client and the business are achieved.
The role/ Responsibilities:
- Working with a number of assigned existing accounts, managing, nurturing and developing the accounts and building strong and lasting relationships with key people.
- Handling new enquiries, converting into sales initially and then working to secure as ongoing clients.
- A percentage of the role will be to source and generate possible new clients for the business. Identifying clients who will have requirements for POS products and services via a number of resources. Also identifying other departments with existing accounts and approaching.
- Working towards yearly targets based on revenue from both existing clients and new business.
- Working closely (often to quick response times) with other in-house departments (design, estimators, production) your role will be to oversee each project, to ensure that they are delivered on time and to budget to exceed client expectations.
- Working with the client and always managing expectations, ensuring that all projects remain on track, on time, with realistic and successful outcomes being achieved at all times.
Managing all financial aspects of your accounts are always kept up to date, this will include monthly forecasting, estimating, obtaining client purchase orders and invoicing as appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills face to face communications, phone, email, video calls.
- Confident and a natural ability to engage with clients and prospects at all levels and able to clearly and concisely put together and present briefs.
- Knowledge of projects, sales in addition to Account Management skills and a genuine understanding of promotional / semi-permanent retail displays is essential.
- Previous experience of the POS and retail industry is required
- Commercially minded and able to take full responsibility for the financials of your accounts
- Organised and motivated and able to manage your own time/workload effectively
- Problem solving skills, flexible, an eye for detail and able to work under pressure towards delivery deadlines
- Used to working within a small team, able to add valuable input suggestions and willing to support across the wider business.