CIVIL ESTIMATOR – SOUTHAMPTON
We are currently seeking to recruit a Civil Engineering Estimator to join our successful estimating team in Southampton. Reporting to the Estimating Manager, the Civils Estimator will work on tenders varying in value from £100k to £50m, across all our business sectors including Process & Water, Energy, Oil & Gas & Nuclear.
We are keen to receive applications from individuals with a background in Civil Engineering, whether you are already working in an estimating role or in a site delivery role, or perhaps within a Planning or Commercial function. You should have an interest in estimating, technical knowledge within civil engineering and possess strong attention to detail.
Duties include but are not limited to;
- To work as part of a Bid Team to deliver a strategic submission for each individual tender.
- Collate and analyse information to produce take off s and planned submissions.
- Closely work with the planning team to produce the tender programmes.
- Provide support with the technical submission.
- Assist with presentations, negotiations and client liaison where required.
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity.
- Attend meetings and site visits as and when required.
- Having a strong background within civil engineering.
- HNC in Civil Engineering OR by experience.
- Possessing a keen attention to detail.
- Having a positive can do attitude.
Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC s, PLC s, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 750 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development and progression within a professional working environment and we strongly support and encourage employees to gain professional qualifications.
Our company benefits package includes;
- A competitive salary.
- Company car or car allowance.
- 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + 8 bank holidays.
- Free onsite parking.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Flexible Working (based on a core-hours scheme).
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability, or age.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.