Job title: Cost Estimator
Duration: 12 months initially
The successful applicant will be a strong and effective estimator with significant experience infrastructure estimating within the Electrical Transmission industry sector. Be results oriented and must be able to understand impact of decisions and changes on construction costs. You must be organised and able to communicate at all levels effectively. Bachelor's degree and any experience within Regulated industry sectors is desirable.
- Generate Cost Estimates to the required class. This may cover all aspects of Construction activities, including Civil, Mechanical and E&I.
- Support Procurement Contracting in the develop and writing of winning bidding and contracting strategies in support of the estimate development.
- Accurate recording of Basis of Estimate, and preparation of Bid Approval Slides relating to the Construction Estimate.
- Produce updated Cost Estimates in line with new and updated input information.
- Support Project and Design strategies related to the Construction by developing cost details for alternative strategies.
- Normalisation of rates between Contractor Bids to ensure correct decisions / selections are made.
- Analysis, competitively assess & benchmark the bids & present to the execution team.
- Experience providing estimations on HV electrical construction projects at 33kV, 66Kv, 132Kv, 275Kv or 400kV.
- Strong knowledge of construction and installation techniques and their implications on cost
- ACostE, ICEAA or similar professional membership
Pontoon is an employment consultancy. We put expertise, energy, and enthusiasm into improving everyone's chance of being part of the workplace. We respect and appreciate people of all ethnicities, generations, religious beliefs, sexual orientations, gender identities, and more. We do this by showcasing their talents, skills, and unique experience in an inclusive environment that helps them thrive.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.