T2M Technical Ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a nationwide fire protection and suppression organisation, who are rapidly growing.
As a Design Estimator, you will support the design, projects and sales teams helping with the pricing and costing of works to produce technical and detailed quotations and proposals for clients.
Key Responsibilities as a Design Estimator:
- Working closely with Sales and Projects Teams, assisting team members with designs, and reviewing technical content / proposals.
- Producing professional, high-quality quotations and technical submittals with all technical and commercial content.
- Discussing enquiries/proposals with clients to fully understand their requirements and present our proposal.
- To Read and understand client specification, drawings, and enquiries.
- Estimate and price quotations ensuring they are technically and commercially correct.
- Assisting the design team in the design of Fire Systems to BS5839-1 standards.
- Evaluate and review incoming enquiries to assess if they are a good fit to quote for in line with our bid/ no bid policy.
Requirements for a successful Design Estimator:
- Technical knowledge of Fire Detection and associated systems essential.
- Must be able to work under pressure and be flexible to achieve client deadlines.
- Experience within the Fire and Security Industry essential.
- BS5839-1 Design/Estimation Experience desirable.
- An in-depth knowledge of current and appropriate fire and life safety regulations is also highly desirable. These include but are not limited to; – BS5839:1- 2017.
Based from one of the companies offices in Gillingham, this role will require you to carry out site visits and surveys to, therefore a full UK driving license is required, with a salary of somewhere in the region of 35,000 depending on experience.