A Design Team Manager is required to join an NSI Gold accredited Security Company based in the Oxfordshire area that specialises in the design, installation and maintenance of integrated security systems.
The role will supervise and manage a team of Security Systems Design Estimators who prepare layout designs for Security, CCTV, Access Control and associated systems. It will be a requirement that the Design Manager takes ownership of the output of the team and personal undertakes designs for the larger opportunities.
The candidate will need to have excellent communication and IT skills as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Cost preparation and presentation of quotations for CCTV, Intruder, Access Control projects.
- To complete reports and assessments of the Design Team as required and within agreed deadlines
- Producing Technical design proposals on Intruder Alarms, Access Control, CCTV Systems, Perimeter Protection Systems - manage input from external suppliers/contractors
- Handover of main projects to Operations Team and/or client.
- Ensure all new quotes are delivered within the time frame
- Ensure the costs of installation reflect agreed sale margins in conjunction with delivery.
- Assisting the National accounts and operations directors with technical support at customer meetings.
- Attend site surveys around the country as deemed necessary, therefore a full UK driving License is required.
- Working knowledge for the majority of; Gallagher/Cardax, Ccure9000, Lenel, Genetec, Avigilon, Axis, Honeywell Galaxy, Hanwha/Samsung, Analogue/IP CCTV system design, and IP data infrastructure design.
- Provide design support to sub-contractors and engineers installing on site
- Report to Senior Management on opportunities for efficiency and margin improvements
- Attend site to undertake site surveys and liaise with client to understand requirements; draft system design to reflect proposed technical solution
- You will need to be an accomplished Design Estimator within the security industry with at least 3 years' experience.
- Proven track record of successfully managing a team.
- You will have a working knowledge of current National Security Inspectorate requirements as well as excellent communication skills.
- Good IT skills and a familiarity with Microsoft packages are essential; AutoCAD desired.
- Whilst not essential, an Electrical based qualification such as BTEC or ONC would be advantageous.
- You will have a track record of routinely exceeding your KPIs and display an interest in new technology solutions providing cost reductions, operation advantages, and profitability.
- You will be a team player with ambition to succeed and excel on a daily basis.