Frontline Construction Recruitment
Electrical Estimator/Pre-Construction required urgently in Bedfordshire.
Will assist with all general Electrical Estimator’s tasks:
- Preparation of estimates and bid proposals on commercial Electrical, Data, PV (Solar) and AV/PA Installations for work values up to £3m.
- Accurately calculating take-offs from drawings including materials and hours.
- Understanding of the planning and sequencing of construction of projects.
- Communication with client to clarify unclear specifications/wording through RFI’s.
- Coordination with sub-contractors and suppliers to obtain competitive pricing used for bid submission.
- Participation in site reviews, tender reviews, tender hand-over and project close out meetings as needed.
- Use of in-house pricing and quoting system to deliver accurate estimates.
- Undertaking site surveys and site visits as and when required.
- Support the business unit Director and report back weekly.
- An electrical background with a minimum of 18th Edition, C&G apprenticeship, ideally electrical design 2396 or equivalent.
- ECS Gold Card holder
- experience with estimating / accurate quotes.
- IT literate
- able to do basic electrical circuit design, lighting and cable calculations – volt drop calculations
Applicants must have previous Electrical Estimator’s experience and be able to provide references from previous employers.
The potential candidate for this Electrical Estimator’s position must have can do attitude, be punctual and reliable.