CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR LEEEDS
TSA is an award winning independent specialist recruitment business. We focus on recruiting professionals in the construction, consultancy and civil engineering industries and believe that work should have a positive impact on people's lives. Due to company growth, our client is looking for a Lead Estimator to build up tenders from first principals for projects ranging from £10m to £100m+.
Our client is recruiting a Senior Estimator to join their team in Yorkshire.
Reporting to the Lead Estimator you will be responsible for managing the tender process on a variety of procurement routes.
These will commonly be in the range of £15-100m and on varying forms of Contract. About the roleWorking as a key member within tender teams, the successful candidate will be responsible for :
• Production and co-ordination of all tender enquiry documentation
• Co-ordinating all aspects of the tender process, including the preparation and presentation of tender analyses.
• Co-ordination and preparation of detailed project risk analysis schedules and liaising with the commercial manager of methods of incorporation into bids
• Preparing and issuing subcontractor and material / equipment supplier enquiries
• Analysis of subcontractor tender returns and production of subcontractor work package comparisons
• Measurement and production of measured quantities from drawings or BIM models for incorporation in tender enquiries
• Attendance at internal mid-term tender team meetings to discuss / review general progress and tender strategies
• Attendance at mid/post tender interviews with the Client team on bids under consideration
• Production and presentation of handover documentation to Project teams on successful bids
Who are we looking for?The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Relevant experience in a similar role and with varying forms of procurement routes
• Ambition - the desire to develop in their career
• A sincere teamwork ethic
• A considered approach to chairing meetings and a developed interview technique - for discussions / negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers
• A detailed understanding of the different elements of tender documents, including reading and reviewing tender strategy and issuing headline risk-analysis document and the tender action plan
• Ability to work efficiently in order to meet deadlines
To apply for this role, please contact Joe Blackman-Gibbs on or ...... click apply for full job details