Based in Broadstairs
Salary is dependent on experience
Our client, who are leaders within the signage industry and boast several large blue-chip companies and brands in their portfolio, located in Broadstairs, are currently looking to recruit an Estimator to work on a permanent basis.
Monday- Friday 9am-5pm with 30 minutes lunch break.
The successful candidate will be required to work within a dynamic office environment and interact closely with other members of a large team across many departments and disciplines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The role will include the use of a bespoke database and spread sheet programs to collate data from estimated manufacturing times, materials and logistics to establish sales values.
- Measure, record and track important business metrics.
- Analyse and evaluate sales/purchasing offers and build/maintain long-term relationships with key suppliers.
- Analyse documentation and data to establish a clear understanding of the requirements.
- Read specifications and obtain construction details.
- Check drawings / photos / survey to determine pricing requirements.
- Liaise with Sales on queries and alternatives.
- Liaise with Production on manufacturing processes / materials / subcontract work / site plant.
- Notify Sales of any significant details or requirements included or excluded within the quotation.
- Add notations on Neo to assist production and detail pricing notes.
- Question and query information / problems if unclear or unusual.
- Price using estimating sheet using estimated hours, material costs, subcontract costs and plant hire rates.
- Experience working within a similar role is essential.
- Qualifications in English and Mathematics equivalent to high GCSE level as a minimum.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a strong work ethic, commercial flair and the ability to work under pressure are essential.
- A keen eye for detail and a commitment to accuracy are critical.
- Good time-management skills, the ability to multi-task, critical thinking and problem solving are also vital ingredients for this demanding role.
Dueto the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To view other great opportunities, visit our website or follow MorganJones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn