Sophie Bell & Associates
James Lambeth Recruitment are currently recruiting a Estimator with 8 – 10 years experience in the industry. Our client is a groundworks and RC frame specialist with some interest in main contracting.
Role & Responsibilities:
- The Estimator will take the lead in preparation of tenders, PQQ and bid submissions.
- Responsible for planning tenders to ensure timely and accurate preparation of tender documents
- Ensure effective team collaboration with the wider business, communicating with operations and commercial teams.
- Work closely with the operational and commercial teams to develop and build relationships with the supply chain members, both existing and new.
- Attend meetings such as mobilisation meetings, handover meetings, design meetings, bid meetings.
- Ensure tender programmes, design information and methods of construction are developed with the Planning and Technical Teams.
- Develop and improve I.T. systems for tendering.
- Engage with supply chain to gain commitment and best solution’.
- Develop systems and procedures within the department with the senior members of the team.
- Maintain and continuously improve commercial awareness.
- Relevant Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years Quantity Surveyor or Estimator experience is desirable
- Proven track record of winning profitable work
- Good understanding of business development and the bidding marketplace
- Advanced IT Skills incl. Estimating Software Packages (Eque 2 or Caurseway)
- Organisation and project management skills, able to prioritise
- Competitive salary, with confidence of working for a new and upcoming company.
- Opportunity for progression within the company.
- An opportunity to work on some of the most exciting Construction projects in London.
- Dedicated Training & Development Department.