Salary £50,000 - £60,000
Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (some hybrid working)
You'll be part of a large construction focused workforce tendering for and delivering complex and challenging construction projects throughout the nuclear and defence sectors, from inception to final delivery and client handover.
The Estimator is responsible for developing construction cost estimates covering all phases and cost elements of multi-disciplined construction projects. Coordinating with other departments and/or offices as required and conducting estimate reviews with the estimating lead and senior management. Final preparations of estimate basis documents to aid with operational handover.
The role requires regular attendances on the client site in Wokingham, Berkshire. The role reports into the Head of Estimating and contributes to the development of multi-disciplined construction estimates, working closely with the project managers, construction managers and capture managers for the given tenders.
The main responsibilities are:
- Prepare, compile and co-ordinate the development of the estimate, ensuring all required estimating documentation is completed and issued to the capture manager in line with the bid schedule.
- Read and interpret ITT documentation in full, raise any TQ's or RFI's where information is believed to be missing or unclear.
- Participate in tender analysis and risk reviews
- Prepare detailed bottom-up cost estimates for mechanical/electrical self-delivery scopes of work working from RFQ documentation, drawings, specifications and site instructions. Prepare BOQ/MTO information, job steps, obtain material pricing and utilse labour norms and productivity rates to develop whole package costs.
- Work with subcontractors and suppliers to prepare and distribute subcontractor & materials RFQ packages for work within project scope but not performed internally, including defining the scope of work, providing drawings, specifications and required documentation.
- Develop detailed indirect estimates, both onsite and off-site support.
- Complete detailed cost calculations including indirect, direct labour, material, rentals, subcontracts, and equipment.
- Gather, analyse, input and compile information for negotiated work; Support the capture manager in organising and chairing estimate hand over meetings.
- Liaise with Planning and Delivery teams to ensure that the estimate ties into both schedule and project delivery plan.
- Understand and apply estimating norms, factors, and allowances to project cost components
- Have good presentation skills and experience of presenting bids to internal management for approval.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Confident and willing to engage with the team and contribute to our positive working environment
- Moderate experience in an estimating or related role, preferably in an industrial construction environment.
- Familiar working with engineering drawings and specifications
- Working knowledge of industry practices, regulations, materials specifications, supply chain and discipline specific terminology.
- Formal qualification in mechanical or electrical from an accredited post-secondary institution; technical training in project management, drafting and engineering design, trade certificates, and/or field experience are definite assets.
- Extensive knowledge and ability to use all MS Office packages, Especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience of working within nuclear establishments & following Nuclear Professionalism Standards & Expectations (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge of the legislative, regulatory, quality, and environmental requirements relating to nuclear engineering projects.
- Required to pass a Medical to prove fitness to work in a Radiological environment. (Required for occasional site visits and surveys)
- Requirement to work in radiological environment, wearing relevant PPE.
- Candidates should be a UK National with SC (security clearance) and/or the ability to obtain the required level of SC
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
* If you're interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided.*
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the aerospace, technology and manufacturing sectors. Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across all core commercial engineering disciplines and specialist areas of aerospace engineering within Design, CAMO, LAE, Manufacturing, H&S and Facilities Management.