Our client is a well-established and recognised leader in construction based near Ipswich. They specialise in the commercial, industrial, healthcare, education, residential and leisure industries. They manage many schemes of varying scale and complexity including design and building contracts. They have a varying mix of major and minor works ranging from £500,000 to £15m in value. They are currently recruiting for an experienced Estimator to join their major works division.
As an Estimator your role will involve the following:
- Completing estimates for the major works projects - up to a value of £15m
- Prepare tenders, PQQ and bid submissions
- Work closely with the operational and commercial teams to develop and build relationships with the supply chain members, both existing and new
- Overseeing multiple projects
- Able to understand construction drawings to take off quantities.
- Appraising tender documents, preparing sub-contract and material enquiries
- Have a good understanding of current CDM Health and Safety requirements, modern methods of construction and contractual awareness
To be considered for the Estimator role you must have:
- At least 5 years of experience within the UK working in an estimating role
- Relevant qualifications in estimating within the construction industry
- Considerable variety in types of work and disciplines priced, with an understanding of methods and typical production rates/outputs
- UK driving licence
- Experience in the commercial, residential and healthcare industry
As an Estimator, you'll be required to work Full-Time Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm.
Our client is offering the successful Estimator:
- Competitive basic salary depending on the level of experience.
- Company car
- 21 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd, acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.