Job Title: Mechanical Estimator
Job Type: Full time
Working Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00am to 5.30pm
Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
44 hours per week
Location: Grange House, 19-21 Grange Mount, Birkenhead, Wirral,
Holidays: 33 days including 8 bank holidays
Package: £45-£55k based on experience
Electric car salary sacrifice scheme.
Ideal Start Date: To Be Confirmed
Team: Pre-Contract Team
Reporting to: Managing Director and Commercial Director
Direct Reports: None
The Mechanical Estimator will under the direction of the Directors, be responsible for the pricing and estimation of allocated enquiries. In the absence of the Managing Director, the Commercial Director will be the next tier of reporting.
Responsibilities will include control and documentation relating to the designated project, close monitoring of the commercial aspect of any allocated project, ensuring compliance with all HSE legislation, internal policies and procedures relating to safe and efficient delivery of the project.
In liaison with Departmental Managers, be responsible for ensuring that all documentation, services, and processes are completed in line with the needs of the business.
To be a valuable member of the team and promote and enforce a safe working environment as per our company standards.
Meetings and Estimating
- Lead Tender settlement and Project Handover meetings.
- Site survey of potential M&E Projects, including layout design, quotation, and Client Liaison.
- Management of day-to-day estimating enquiries, preparation of detailed take-offs including queries from client requirements, safety, quality, supplier performance and improvement.
- Project cost analysis, appraisal, and budgeting
- Monitoring working practices, budgets, and reporting lack of compliance.
- Deliver quality service to the client ensuring that performance standards & contractual KPI's and SLAs are met
- Project Forecasting and scenario planning.
- Carry out any value engineering if required.
- Follow up all tenders sent
- Arrange handover meeting with contracts manager for any secured contract, contracts manger to be allocated by the managing director.
We are a 42-year-old Mechanical Electrical, Plumbing business with ambitious growth plans. Based in the Wirral, we will soon be moving premises to adapt to 30% growth in our workforce in the past 12 months.
We are evolving through both strategic growth, mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships.
As we grow and diversify, creating jobs and opportunities for collaboration, our business requires additional estimation and tendering support. This role is pivotal to the profitable growth of the organisation.
There is scope for this candidate to grow with the business and there are plenty of opportunities to progress and take on more responsibility.
The candidate must be local to the area as this is an office-based job with no flexible working arrangements.