Job Title: Estimator (Passive Fire)Location: Essex (Hybrid)Salary: >£45,000 + benefits
Established in 1989, Our client is the UK's leading passive fire protection specialist, supplying a comprehensive range of third-party accredited survey, installation and compliance services to public and private sector organisations across the country.
With offices nationwide, this is a great opportunity to join a forward-thinking, modern construction business, that genuinely cares about it's people.
Working alongside the Bid Team and Business Development team, you will manage the pricing programme on multiple bids, working to the individual timescale required of each bid.
- Undertake the preparation of tenders/bids/budget proposals allocated by the Tendering Manager / Estimating Director for presentation to the relevant directors for final settlement.
- Provide all information necessary for inclusion within the written bid submission.
- Liaise with subcontractors/suppliers to obtain competitive/accurate quotations for specialist elements of the works.
- Visit prospective projects to verify information contained within clients contract documentation and obtain any further information required to produce the tender.
- Liaise with the Programme Manager to ensure all necessary information is provided for the production of the final tender programme.
- Attend pre-contract handover meetings, all necessary bid meetings and client meetings as requested throughout the tender process.
- You will have a proven track record of producing the commercial pricing for £multi million bid submissions
- Knowledge of Passive Fire Protection / Fire Risk Assessment projects either acting as main contractor or included in a wider bid (interiors/fit-out/drylining etc.)
- You will have strong experience in pricing NEC/JCT contracts.
- Understanding of various forms of Procurement Process - including framework bids.
- Knowledge of system estimating software
- Preparation of notes and clarifications for tender submissions
- Demonstrate ability in the pricing of tender Preliminaries
- Ability to resource the tender through the in-depth experience of Supply Chain capacity
- Stable career history
Estimator Salary & Benefits:
You will be working for a modern, forward-thinking business; that believes the strengths, skills and personalities of their people are the key to the group's success. This is a permanent, full time role for which you will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package. You will be part of a stable business with ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV. Alternatively contact us on . Howells Solutions are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. Howells Solutions acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.