Function(s) - Estimator
Reporting to - Operations Director
Contract type- Full time permanent (including probation period)
Salary - £30,000 - £35,000
Office - CR0 4XD
Due to a high level of inbound enquiries, we are seeking to expand our estimating team to increase capacity across our projects business.
We design, build and fit-out award-winning restaurants and commercial kitchen facilities for companies across the UK, from the high street brands to office and B&I food and beverage facilities. From a single piece of equipment to a full turn-key package, we treat every project with exactly the same care and efficiency, creating great results for our customers, our partners and our team.
Working in multiple industries, we've provided restaurant designs for clients such as BBC, SKY, NEC, Howdens, The Shard, Pauls Patisserie, Gymkana and many more.
Our estimating team are a critical part of the business. As an estimator, you'll be working collaboratively and co-operatively with all members of the Sales, Projects and Design teams to provide an efficient and accurate quotation service for fit out schemes using our specialist quoting system. There are currently 6 members in our sales team, 5 members of the project management team and 5 members of the design team.
As an estimator, you'll be provided layout plans and drawings from the Sales and Design team Most costs will be provided by the specialist quoting system, any that are bespoke will require direct communication with our suppliers to receive a cost from them. You'll work alongside the Operations Director to ensure that our profit margins, as prescribed by the Directors, are maintained within the quotations produced.
The team will provide full onsite and offsite training to ensure that you are up to speed and getting the necessary support to be successful.
What we're looking for:
- An understanding of restaurant principles and commercial catering equipment is desired
- An understanding of furniture styles, types and suppliers is desired
- Good numeracy and literacy skills are vital in order to be successful for the role
- Excellent understanding and practice of the principles of good customer service are paramount
- Excellent Microsoft Office experience
- Understanding/Experience of CRM systems
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What you'll receive:
- Discretionary annual bonus (paid in April) which is related to the success of the company for the year
- Private Health Care (after 20 weeks service)
- Generous Company Pension (after 20 weeks service)
- Life cover amounting to 4x salary (after 20 weeks service)
- Paid annual leave: 25 days + public holidays. Following the third year of service, leave increases by one day per year, up to a maximum of 30 says annual leave. Bank holidays are paid in additional to the above annual leave
Work schedule of 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, with on-site parking available and the offices are within a 5 minute walk of the Waddon Marsh tram stop.
If you feel like you are well matched to this job ad please apply or email me at . com