Big things are happening at Sterling Furniture! As Scotland s largest family-owned furniture and homewares retailing group and with over 40 years of market experience, our aim is to continue sourcing the highest quality on-trend products so the customer can find everything relating to the home under one roof. In 2019, we opened our first brand new concept store Sterling Home in Uddingston, Glasgow to enormous success. From 2020 through 2022, we followed up with refurbishing and rebranding our Dunfermline, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Aberdeen stores to the same standard, with many more exciting developments to come! As we build on decades of knowledge, this is a fantastic opportunity to assist in shaping the future of our business there s never been a better time to join the Sterling Furniture family.
Sterling Home is looking for a Flooring Salesperson to join the team in our Dunfermline store. We are looking for enthusiastic and positive individuals to join our team.
Alongside a competitive salary, generous holidays and staff discount - great on-the-job training will be provided to all new staff to ensure your success within our company.
Previous experience in a retail environment is not essential just a great attitude and willingness to learn!
Responsible for selling all aspects of flooring. Liaise with customers to help them make informed decisions about their flooring requirement
• Sell carpets and flooring across several products
• Deliver accurate estimates based on customer dimensions provided by our estimator
• Process all documentation relating to sales
• Liaise face to face, via telephone and email with customers
• Provide cover and support to other sales departments when necessary
• Up-sell additional product
• Good knowledge of selling and customer service
• Ability to close the sale
• High literacy, numeracy, negotiation, and communication skills
• Understanding of metric and imperial measurements
• Competent with Microsoft Office
• A People Person
• Sales Driven
• Team focused
• A can do attitude with a positive, calm, and polite nature
• Reliable with ability to juggle several projects
• Standard Educational Grades
• Experience of working in a Sales Retail environment is desirable
What do we offer?
• Competitive salary
• Pension plan
• Staff savings scheme
• Generous holidays
• Staff discount
• Free parking
• Friendly, modern working environment
• Brand new and stylish working environment