- Salary :£70-£80k
- Group role to manage 4 estimators across our business - looking for someone with experience managing teams and driving performance. Would suit someone who has worked at senior estimator level within D&B.
- Would need to be in office minimum of 3 days a week and be able to travel to site and client meetings as required.
What will you be doing?
Manage the Group's Project Finance team of estimators, review and analyse cost plans to check details before submission. Mentor and manage the project finance team including career development, performance management and 121s and ensure profitability on all projects. Build strong relationships with Clients and sub-contractors and focus on procurement of a robust contractor list.
- Work closely with the pre-contract team on resourcing for upcoming projects
- Communicate with the other Head of Departments (HoD's) & Directors to allow the correct workflow throughout the contracts phase
- Make sure all client contractual documents and license to alters are in place
- Attend and oversee internal handover meeting with pre-contract team, analysing any pre-contract tender returns
- Analyse internal cost plans and report irregularities to project manager and pre-contracts team
- Identify any building control issues and communicate with the projects team
- Assist with analysis of sub-contractor tenders before orders are placed, making sure new sub-contractors are appropriately vetted for conformity to Group insurances and health and safety policies
- Thoroughly review project plans and specs to determine precise cost projections, covering materials, labour, equipment, and subcontractor costs.
- Present cost estimates to senior management and actively contribute to bid strategy dis-cussions
- Identify potential project risks and collaborate with project teams to mitigate them.
- Continually look for ways to drive profitability on each project
- Identify commercial or technical risks which may affect a project throughout its time in the Contract phase
- Develop client relationships and maintain existing relationships
- Mentor and supervise the Estimating Team while challenging and introducing new and inno-vative process to improve efficiency
- Establish a programme for continuous learning and development within the Estimating Team
- Manage individual performance including setting individual objectives and KPI's
- Produce regular reports for the Group Exec Team on all projects as and when required, managing collation of board pack when requested
Minimum 5 years' experience in commercial Design and Build fit-out
Relevant degree or HNC/HND educated or QBE
Proven experience in successful leading, managing and developing a team
Track record in competent numerical skills within similar role
Highly competent in Microsoft Excel / Microsoft Office software programmes
Ability to read CAD drawings as a basis for developing accurate cost/estimation documents
Established track record of yielding high profits in Design and Build projects
Previous experience building strong relationships with stakeholders
Accomplished presentation skills with ability to discuss complex financial and construction queries
Proven ability to manage a busy and varied workload
Solid understanding of mechanical and electrical disciplines
Good knowledge of JCT contracts and current building regulations
Experience of health and safety within the industry with competent knowledge to work in a senior role
Able to negotiate and remain calm during challenging discussions
Excellent financial management experience
- First class internal management, communication and prioritisation skills
- Ability to travel to site and clients across the UK
- Full driving licence is essential