Rainbo is one of the UK's leading global procurement service providers, based in Crawley, West Sussex, which is an easy commute from London or the south coast.
We are an SME that tenders for construction projects around the world, our main focus being Africa and the Middle East. Our focus is on infrastructure projects such as building new hospitals, markets, roads, office buildings etc.
We receive RFQs (request for quotations) from prime/sub contractors that we're working with for a wide range of materials e.g. gypsum, windows, pumps, cables, generators (MEP, Civils etc.) hence broad technical understanding is helpful. Once pricing is obtained we enter a competitive bid process in order to try and secure an order. We source and purchase a wide variety of equipment from across the world, but good UK sourcing knowledge is a definite plus.
Who we're looking for:
- Good knowledge of the construction industry and suppliers
- Broad technical knowledge
- Experienced in obtaining price estimates for various packages relating to infrastructure
- Able to technically and commercially evaluate bids
- Ability to negotiate good terms with potential suppliers
- Knowledge of incoterms would be a plus as we ship products across the world
- Additional languages such as French would be beneficial
- Strong excel skills (bid tabulations, pivot tables, vlookups)
- Experience in African or Middle East construction projects a big plus
- No professional qualifications required
Please note this is a full time office based role.