An exciting opportunity has become available for an Interim Director of Enterprise Portfolio Management to work with an innovative energy technology company in London.
The business are on a growth trajectory and the Director of Enterprise Portfolio Management will play a critical role in enabling the company to achieve its strategic ambitions.
With an ever-increasing pace and evolving customer needs, the business needs to ensure that its product and change portfolio is delivered effectively and efficiently.
As a result a new Enterprise Portfolio Management capability is being established to plan, monitor, report on and assure delivery of all initiatives across the business.
The purpose of this role is to help develop the product / change strategy and associated operating model, deliver the business plan and provide visible and effective leadership for the team of people that form the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office. The Director of Enterprise Portfolio Management provides expert guidance, support and insight and is the source of project / programme information and metrics to oversight bodies.
The role will be based in London with hybrid office and home working.
The Enterprise Portfolio Management team will be responsible for improving the strategic alignment and value for money of the companies change portfolio . It will ensure that: all change activity aligns behind strategic objectives; there is transparency and clarity around change portfolio prioritisation, delivery and outcomes; there is greater focus on the outcome and value of change; delivery standardisation (in the form of best practice procedures, tools, techniques & methodologies) is driven in to the organisation where it makes sense for there to be greater consistency and scalability; a capable change delivery community is created to enable greater sharing of best practices. It will also help drive the transition of the company to a greater product mindset and outcome based organisation.
This role will report into the Director of Planning, Portfolio & Insights. Supported by a focused team, the role will work closely with all functional directors to ensure a transparent and aligned change agenda that drives significant value for the business.
• Develop the capability to provide a holistic, multi-year view of the overall product and change portfolio.
• Ensure alignment to the long-term strategy and business priorities.
• Manage the process to recommend allocation and prioritisation of change investment as part of planning.
• Manage and evolve the process to support ways of working and the capability to reallocate or create bandwidth in anticipation of / response to changing priorities.
• Ensure clear outcomes and key results are committed as well as communicated during change planning.
• Manage a holistic view of the overall change portfolio and its health.
• Establish the required governance forums to provide effective portfolio oversight.
• Forecast resource requirements to deliver the portfolio - i.e. ensure that resource supply equals demand at any point in time.
• Track progress against benefits as committed during planning to ensure value is delivered.
• Engage and consult with function directors and senior management to proactively identify corrective actions as required.
• Work with teams to identify and proactively manage risks, issues and key dependencies.
• Work with function directors and senior management to ensure Quality Assurance is undertaken.
• Define and develop the minimum standards for change delivery
• Set policies and procedures for change delivery
• Identify and drive opportunities to improve ways of working - i.e. processes, training, tooling, frameworks, playbooks etc.
• Implement, maintain and optimise portfolio management tooling to support the portfolio management capability.
• Develop mechanisms to promote greater sharing of best practices.
• Communicate the change vision and strategy in a compelling and inspiring manner, and role model the values.
• Develop and manage a high performing and collaborative team that operates as trusted partners to other parts of the business.
Skills and Experience Required
• Leadership - Experienced in leading individuals and diverse teams across multiple locations. Evidence of making timely, well-judged decisions that account for business priorities and constraints.
• Portfolio Management - Proven experience in leading portfolio management in complex organisations. A track record in implementing new ways of working, which includes approaches, methodologies, procedures, protocols, techniques and tools.
• Product Mindset - Experience operating in a product-driven and outcome-based organisation. Must have high financial and commercial acumen.
• Change Management - The ability to influence, shape and drive improvement initiatives and lead / deliver successful change in fast-paced and complex (ideally regulated) environments with multiple internal and external stakeholder groups.
• Collaboration - Excellent relationship development and management skills with the confidence to effectively challenge others where appropriate, including at ExCo and Senior Leadership Team level.
• Effective Communication - An ability to rapidly interpret complex technical information and provide clear, concise insight and reporting that drives effective leadership decision making.
• Stakeholder Management - Ability to manage a complex set of stakeholder interactions, both internal and external, and resolve conflicting priorities if required.
• Attention to detail and ability to analyse complex data - Help propose solutions to problems and appropriately prioritise activities.
• Strong initiative and drive, self-motivated with an aptitude to work well under pressure and with low supervision.
• Chartered project professional or equivalent.
• Industry recognised certification preferred.
Intersect Global are an equal opportunities employer, we embrace diversity in the work place.
Sigh up to receive email alerts when similar jobs become available.
I was kept updated and got my CV seen, contacted me to tell me I was selected for the interview, kept in contact telling me that I had passed the interview and that I got the job. Intersect Global still keeps in touch seeing how things are going. Which in my opinion is fantastic. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a new position.
Network Planner - FTTP I.G January 2019
Recruitment process was great. From start to employment was a week or so, very efficient.
James Dunkley was always contactable and kept me up to date with all developments
Quantity Surveyor J. N September 2022
Having worked in recruitment myself, I am well aware of what it takes. James had exceptional knowledge of both the role, and my skill set. This meant he understood an experienced Cost Estimator, such as myself, could bring to as a Quantity Surveyor. During the recruitment process he was continually working for me, searching for suitable roles, and finding me interviews. Even now I have successfully started a new position through him, he continues to offer support as I bed in at my new company. The best thing I can say, is that if I am looking for a job in future, he will be my first port of call.
Quantity Surveyor J.H October 2016
James was on hand and proactive throughout. Frequent catch ups and post interview reviews. Very happy with the recruitment process, wouldn't change anything.
Programme Manager K.P November 2022
James was fantastic to work with. As a recruiter he maintained a highly professional demeanour & was always friendly when communicating and even managed to find me my perfect job. If all staff at Intersect Global conduct themselves in the same way I wouldn't have any hesitation in recommending this company to others seeking help in finding the right job.
NRSWA Coordinator K.W May 2017
James Dunkley is fantastic to work with. As a recruiter he was highly professional, and was always very friendly, and found me the perfect job instantly! James was quick to understand the kind of role I was looking for, recognising my strengths and putting me forward for exactly the right job. He was always there to help throughout the process. I could not recommend intersect more highly.
Quantity Surveyor M.A July 2019
The service I received was absolutely excellent. Generally when you sign up to a job agency you hear very little after that, but I was looked after throughout the whole placement process and I felt informed the whole time. Thank you Intersect Global!
Business Improvement Manager R.H October 2016
I thought James was brilliant. He walked me through the role, so I really understood what was expected, kept in touch throughout with updates and was always quick to come back to me. It was a pleasure working with him.
PMO Manager S. W September 2022
Intersect Global helped me secure me a brilliant role within 4 weeks. My consultant was very professional throughout the process and was able to place me in a role that matched my skill sets. I would not hesitate to use Intersect Global again. Thanks once again for all your help.
Business Design Centre
52, Upper Street
London N1 0QH
Hove Town Hall
Church Road, BN3 2AF