Chandler’s Ford, Hampshire
Selwood is the leading pump rental solutions company in the UK. We have an outstanding reputation for exceptional customer service backed by one of the largest fleets of quality pump products. Each customer and each project is unique and our deep technical knowledge means we are proud to deliver a bespoke and genuine 24/7, 365 days-a-year service.
With an unrivalled depth of technical pumping expertise; a pedigree spanning seven decades and employing over 500 staff throughout our nationwide network of branches, our ever-growing business is one of the largest privately owned companies serving the Water, Environmental and Construction industries.
We are committed to ensuring our staff have the right skills, knowledge & experience to deliver to our customers, as well as creating career paths to help develop, retain, and motivate them.
About The Role
We are growing the support to our pump manufacturing and sales business in our Chandler s Ford Head Office to meet the ever-increasing needs of our expanding business. To help us achieve this we are looking for an internal sales estimator to join our team.
As part of the internal pump sales team, you will provide technical sales support to new and existing customers, as well as internal stakeholders, managing the end-to-end process from quotation to shipment.
You ll provide administrative support to the pump sales department by preparing and providing detailed and accurate sales quotations, while managing the customers requirements throughout, and ensuring clients receive a seamless and professional approach promoting Selwood as the number one pump solution business.
- In this role you will drive accountability for sales, orders, and profitability in accordance with pump sales and manufacturing financial and strategic objectives.
- You will provide technical support and advice on the correct pump for each application, making technical pump selections from Selwood s product portfolio.
- Prepare and provide detailed and accurate quotations to meet customers requirements.
- Follow up all live quotations in the CRM.
- Assist distributors / customers with technical queries.
- You will process quotes, sales orders and prepare export documentation.
- Manage orders using in house bespoke systems (training will be provided).
- Liaising with internal stakeholders for delivery schedules.
- Deliver outstanding quality of service; continuously drive-up standards; establish & maintain; challenge the status quo; drive excellence; drive growth; be the best.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in a technical sales role (a background in pumps and pumping solution or rotary equipment would be advantageous).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment, with the ability to balance multiple workstreams, ensuring smooth efficiency and strong output is achieved.
- Demonstrable effective communication, with the ability to listen and offer sound feedback.
- A proven background in driving sales growth, maximising sales, and profitability.
- Ability to act proactively whilst maintaining a methodical, attention to detail approach to ensure all information is accurate and up to date.
- Knowledge of data analysis on Microsoft Packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CRM (Dynamics).
- A degree in mechanical engineering, or similar relevant qualification (NVQ), would be advantageous.
Selwood are pleased to offer:
- Competitive salary
- Eligible for company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme with contribution based on total earnings not just salary
- 24 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Increasing annual leave entitlement with long service
- Support for development and training
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee discount scheme (discounts/vouchers for supermarkets, high street shops, holidays and more)
- Employee referral scheme
- On-site parking
This role is not open to Agencies – Please no calls or emails – Thank you.
Workdry International Ltd is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination.