About the RoleMechanical and Electrical Estimator, Macclesfield, Competitive Salary
Dalkia Engineering are seeking a Mechanical and Electrical Estimator Planner to join our Specialist Services team in Macclesfield.
The primary function of the Project Planning and Project controls lead is to support Project teams in providing planning and monitoring services on projects to establish, record and demonstrate programme activities, durations, risks, and remedies.
Ensure that the programme content is functionally compliant with the planning procedures, identifying planning scope, major constraints, and contract requirements. Establish and agree key methods of construction, sequencing, installation, and commissioning.
The role will interface with the construction team as well as estimating and the design team,
This role will be based at Macclesfield four days a week with the option of working from Manchester or hybrid for the fifth day.
Excellent benefits and a competitive salary will be offered.
- Create, maintain, and communicate robust plans by recording and managing project timescales and resources (people, budgets & projects) and reporting progress, productivity, cause and effect, and advising project teams of forthcoming risks.
- Lead the project review meetings with the programme schedule driving the project.
- Understand complex programmes, identify issues, and implement variations and testing proposal in line with business goals and objectives.
- Engage with project teams, advise about mitigating inefficiencies, whilst devising solutions for improvement taking account of contract operations in line with business goals and objectives.
- Present forecasts of completion dates, and overall project programme, including costs to complete.
- Ensure the requirements of the quality PDS system are effectively maintained, and improvements are identified.
- Engagement with project teams to review performance levels of our direct workforce and subcontractors in terms of safety, quality, workmanship, productivity, and compliance with completion schedules.
- Regular site attendance on projects to ensure accurate progress and see that project activities are monitored, ensuring the project team are maintaining progress in line with the latest programme.
- Produce resource programmes throughout the project duration commencing at tender stage through to completion. Liaise with labour management to ensure the latest information available has been shared.
- Ensure resource planning practices and standards are consistent across each project.
- Provide robust challenge to the delivery team with regards to project delivery.
- Electrical and Mechanical underpinning knowledge
- NVQ Level 4 Construction Contracting Operations (planning)
- Valid CSCS card
- 5 years relevant project planning experience within a contracting environment (or demonstrate the necessary skill sets or experience to make the transition into this role.)
- Understanding of earned value analysis and productivity measurement
- Proficiency in the use of planning techniques and the required planning toolsets,
- Experience of using all Microsoft packages
- An understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications
- An understanding of risk and opportunity management with reference to planning programming
- Positive attitude and behaviours that align with Dalkia core values
Working for us will allow you freedom to express ideas and make improvements within a supportive environment. You will be a part of our great team culture because Happy Employees is something that's important to us and we support this through offerings of Time for Society Days, Employer Funded Private Healthcare, Financial Wellbeing support and a great holiday purchase scheme. We also offer everyone a day off for their birthday!
We are committed to treating all our job applicants fairly and with respect. If you require any adjustments, we are happy to discuss that with you. Please contact our HR team in confidence.