Office Administrator, Nottinghamshire
Your new company
This is an exciting new role working for a well established electrical contractor within the construction industry, providing bespoke electrical and mechanical services to meet the needs of its growing client base. This is achieved by providing first class delivery in all aspects of work, from traditional to design-build projects.
The company is committed to ensuring successful continuance of business operations by developing strong and long-lasting working relationships with clients and partners who seek quality throughout the lifecycle of each project. The company oversees each project through planning, construction and full delivery services for commercial, residential and industrial premises.
Your new role
In your new role, you will be responsible for the organisation and co-ordination of all office documentation and administration duties. You will primarily be supporting 4 project managers, working alongside the finance manager.
A large part of the role is managing documentation, so a high level of accuracy and good organisation is essential. You will be responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient preparation and management of all relevant documents. You will control the numbering, sorting, filing, storing and retrieval of both electronic and hard copy documents produced by project managers and estimators including:
• Setting up project folders, copy, and scan/photocopy documents as required
• Manage all requests for documentation as required (e.g. revision drawings)
• Prepare Risk Assessment documentation ready for the Project Managers
• File documents as physical and digital records appropriately
• Review, edit and maintain the accuracy and quality of records in conjunction with project managers
• Liaise with and distribute project related information at all levels within business and with external parties when required
• Liaise with clients regarding outstanding financial variations
• Prepare ad-hoc reports on projects when required
• Order materials for projects on a timely basis, including raising purchase orders
• Support Contract managers as required (e.g. induction forms and deliveries)
The role will also require contract management and will incorporate the following duties:
• Managing office supplies inventory
• Managing contracts for office stationery
• Managing the company vehicle fleet where required
• Managing the plant, equipment and materials held on office premises and issued to sites for contractors/projects
• Arranging training and certification for engineers, contractors and apprentices
• Co-ordinate labour schedules for site staff
• Co-ordinate schedules, appointments and hotel bookings when required for specialised electrical staff
• General office duties as required – handling and sorting of daily post, shredding and general housekeeping
• Always ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of data in line with data protection legislation
What you’ll need to succeed
• Good general level of education, including GCSEs in Maths and English
Good communication skills Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Excel, words etc. Previous knowledge and understanding of Sage 50 Strong integrity and cares about his/her professional credibility Strong relationship building skills with a reputation for integrity, evoking trust and openness with colleagues and team members Excellent telephone manner Negotiating skills Flexible and adaptable to managing a number of ongoing activities in a busy office environment Excellent Numeracy skills along with accurate inputting with good attention to detail Good time management and working to deadlines
• Document administration and control
• Health and Safety knowledge, and any knowledge of Viewpoint and Sage systems would be advantageous
• Contract administration experienced
• Previous experience working in a small office facilities operation is desirable
Please note: this role is office based only, Mon-Fri (9-5pm), with an early finish of 4pm on Fridays.
The salary for this role is circa £24,000 per annum, based on experience.
An immediate start is anticipated following a successful interview.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.