FiveRivers Bids Team are looking for a full-time permanent Pre contracts Manager
About the company
At FiveRivers we deliver innovative nature-based solutions through investing, protecting and enhancing our natural capital. As natural capital specialists, our aim is to bring our knowledge, skills and experience to your own natural capital project.
FiveRivers is a leading environmental management and environmental consultant based in the UK. With over 25 years’ working with nature, our expertise encompasses terrestrial and aquatic habitats with a specific passion for rivers and wetlands. We support a wide range of clients, working on anything from nationally significant infrastructure schemes to charity led habitat restoration. We believe nature is the solution.
As the Pre-Contracts Manager, you will manage all aspects of technical evaluation, costings, financial negotiation, and contract agreements with Clients. This will include new and existing frameworks, tenders and pre-awarded contracts working closely with the Bids team and Business unit delivery Directors. You will report to the Estimating and Contracts manager and work together to support Bid staff development and ensure commercial risk and opportunity is appropriately considered when bidding for works.
Your role Pre-contract will include:
- Ensure all main contracts are detailed, accurate and in order.
- Deliver clear and concise technical information in terms clients understand.
- Pricing, cost evaluations, analysis and management of suppliers and materials.
- Ensure design feasibility relates to budget parameters.
- Managing and negotiating all subcontractor and product supplier costs and contracts.
The role will be suited to a suitably qualified Quantity Surveyor Estimator or established Pre-Contracts or Contract Manager with experience of negotiating contractual terms on NEC3 and 4 contracts, under both ECC and PSC. We are looking for an individual looking to progress and develop themselves, someone with exceptional communication skills and an eye for detail who understands the risks and opportunities of contractual works.
We would love you to have:
- 5 years’ experience working in estimating or contracts/pre-contracts management
- Experience of NEC3 and 4 contract review and negotiation including risk & opportunity management
- Exceptional communications skills
- Strong IT skills proficient in MS office and Project
- Experience site managing/project managing in an environmental design, construction, landscaping or groundworks organisation
- Up to £50,000 per annum
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Pay care health cash plan provider
- 2 months full sick pay
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Death in service
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Chance to join our LLP!
- Employee wellbeing support EAP service
- Job related training and personal development
Are you interested?
Our ambition is to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply now by clicking the link and providing the information requested. If you would like to discuss the role, please call Henry on 07425 313531.