Salter Grange Limited
Salter Grange is currently working with a specialist MEP Contractor recruiting an MEP Project Planner for London projects. They are well established, have been in business for over 30 years, and work on some of London’s iconic commercial, residential, hotel and educational projects.
The MEP planner will be a crucial planning team member and have the autonomy to make changes and improvements as they see fit.
The role will be a mix of office and site based, with typical MEP project values at 5m – 20m.
There is currently a senior operations team in place, so we are open to the level of experience applicants have and how much support they will need.
Project Planner Responsibilities
- Planning and programming input into prequalification’s and bids which will involve developing the construction methodology.
- To provide construction planning, programming, prelims and methodology input for projects at prequalification, tender and contract stage by developing an accurate assessment of sequence, methodology and time.
- Liaising with bid managers, estimators, designers, temporary works department and specialist subcontractors as necessary.
- Provide on-going support to site teams to review progress or update programmes and report as necessary
- This will involve conducting integrated schedule reviews to develop detailed, optimised construction delivery sequences and resource loaded schedules.
- Taking the lead to ensure that MEP installation schedule is supported by the relevant digital tool sets and resource to ensure that its performance always meets the needs of the delivery of the MEP Scope of Work
- Ensuring that the Contract Programme is produced, managed and maintained in accordance with the planning procedures. The overall planning strategy and the timing & sequence of the Contract Programme activities
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations and Bid Team key methods of construction, sequencing, installation and handover to commissioning
Project Planner Requirements:
- Previous experience in a planner or similar related role.
- A good knowledge of relevant software and programmes such as MS Project, Primavera P6 and Asta.
- Suitable level of safety training and to hold an appropriate CSCS card.
- An understanding of the design and procurement process and an awareness of contractual matters.
- Experience of developing planning and proposals process across a range of sectors, complex engineering and construction centres.
This business has an extremely exciting pipeline over the next 5 years and prides itself in developing its staff and offering exciting opportunities. If you are interested in finding out more about the role, please call or email (url removed).