Teespro Recruitment Ltd
Our client is a well established engineering consultancy, with over 40 years of experience in providing bespoke solutions, from concept through to commissioning, in a multitude of sectors.
Are you a experienced Quantity Surveyor looking for a new challenge?
Our client is opening a regional office on Teesside and you will play an integral part in its success! Open to the challenge?
Please read on
The role of a Quantity Surveyor:
Is to provide commercial and cost ownership on projects delivered by the project team, delivering multi trade design and build packages; values ranging from £25K – £10m, throughout the life of any given project.
You will provide the most optimum and sustainable financial return possible. Whilst ensuring that all matters appertaining to commercial risk, improved margin opportunity, cash collection is managed with a diligent and professional manner at all times, within a fast and dynamic moving end user environment.
Duties and responsibilities of a Quantity Surveyor:
- Manage day to day, on a project-by-project basis, commercial risk effectively, in the pursuit of an optimum successful outcome, whilst ensuring mitigating factors are dealt with at all times and report to the Contact Manager on a regular basis to outcomes and actions taken.
- To manage all subcontract packages from commencement through to completion, with the primary purpose of agreeing all variations, final accounts in a timely manner, consistent and within contractual time frames.
- To be able to negotiate with all respective suppliers and sub-contractors as necessary, throughout the project in ensuring best value is obtained throughout.
- Improve the profitability and competitive performance of the business through selling and negotiating skills and maximising opportunities.
- Monitoring and executing the conditions of contracts including framework agreements, NEC and JCT
- To ensure all variations are measured effectively, priced, submitted and agreed with our customers in a timely manner.
- To prepare all valuations and final accounts in accordance with the contracts and submit to our clients for approval.
- To hold full responsibility for the negotiations, valuations, interims and final accounts.
- To prepare and present detailed contract review data to the projects team on a monthly basis, providing accurate contract performance projections in terms of both revenue and gross margin.
- Advise the project team on all contractual issues and matters as and when necessary.
- To engage with the estimating/bid team at all times in ensuring that all commercial and financial information has been handed over to the operational team effectively. Identify any areas of risk that could be introduced to the project, due to lack of knowledge or information.
- Establish business relationships with procurement, estimators and finance functions within the business.
- Provide commercial input to new business proposals as and when requested.
- Provide effective and appropriate leadership to trainee quantity surveyors, including team spirit and company ethos, culture and values
The ideal Quantity Surveyor will hold:
- Qualified to degree level in engineering / Quantity Surveying
- Commercial Management & Business administration experience in a similar environment.
- A valid full driving license
- Experience in a construction background and dealt with and have an understanding of JCT & NEC contracts.
What’s in it for you?
Our client is growing and is opening a office on Teesside, therefore you will have stable employment with the challenge of helping the business establish its regional office. You will also be offered excellent company benefits which include: Competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, 6% pension contribution matched from employer and hybrid working (3 days from home 2 days in the office each week).
For more information on this vacancy or to discuss your wider job search, please call Scott Webb directly on the below contact details.
This vacancy is being advertised by Teespro Recruitment Ltd, our services are that of an Employment Agency & Business.