Carter & Reeve Recruitment
About the Company
Our client has been at the forefront of luxury and super prime residential developments for over 50 years. Due to last quarters significant growth, the Commercial team requires an experienced Estimator / Quantity Surveyor to join their busy offices.
Their success is based on experience, it is only with experience that skills become reflex which enables the team to apply expertise and perform at their best even at the most challenging projects.
They are now seeking an experienced Estimator / Quantity Surveyor to join the development team full time in their South Hertfordshire offices. The role will be split between Estimating and Surveying – 60 / 40
Role Scope of Estimator / Quantity Surveyor
Reporting directly into the Managing Directors, the Quantity Surveyor / Estimator will effectively estimate the costs of all planned construction project tender returns identified by the business.
The Estimator / Quantity Surveyor is expected to maintain the company’s standard of work in all duties, especially to manage our clients expectations so as to create a positive perception. Have great communication skills and able to work under with tight deadlines this is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing and progressive organisation.
General Duties of Quantity Surveyor / Estimator
- Analyse plans, bills of quantities and other project documentation to estimate costs.
- Research, source, negotiate and obtain the best prices and quotes from suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Successfully identify data that can affect costs.
- Assess the financial, technical and operational risks of the project.
- Helping the company with their expanded growth and thus demand
- Partly office and home based although mostly working on various sites
- Working alongside and complement site teams
- Meeting subcontractors and clients
- Tender and negotiate work
- Produce accurate take offs for projects
- Produce and update of procurement schedules for all projects
- Prepare the required documents to issue to subcontractors to enable them to tender effectively for works packages
- Assist in the financial appraisal of new opportunities
- Work closely with architects and other professional
- Represent the company at meetings
- Report to a board of directors
Candidate Experience Requirements
- Experience of high-end residential development, luxury / super prime housebuilding (Expected)
- Proven Quantity Surveying & Estimating experience (RICS desirable)
- Self-motivated, friendly, sociable, and driven
- Commercially aware