Founded over 50 years ago, my client is dedicated to the design, manufacture and support of resistive and superconducting electromagnets, gradient coils, composite materials, generator coils, motors and consultancy to the science, medicine and industrial markets.
In the UK, my client consists of a Magnet Division and a Gradient Division which design and manufacture magnets including bending and focusing magnets for particle accelerators, specialised gradient coils for use in MRI systems and advanced superconducting magnets for emerging markets such as nuclear fusion, renewable energy sources, semi-conductor processing and cancer therapy.
We are looking for an Assistant Estimator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the senior estimator in preparing accurate and timely estimates for engineering components. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in engineering and be able to work independently.
- Assist the senior estimator in preparing accurate and timely estimates for engineering components.
- Review and analyze engineering drawings, specifications, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Work with the engineering team to identify potential cost savings and value engineering opportunities.
- Maintain accurate records of all estimates and ensure that they are up-to-date.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, bids, and other documentation as required.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite