Solihull, West Midlands
Constructions Senior Talent
Senior Bid Manager Construction West Midlands
An excellent opportunity for a Senior Bid Manager with the midlands regional office of a national main contractor.
Why you would want to work there
- Projects local to where you live. With an established presence in the midlands spanning decades they enjoy a large degree of repeat, local and diverse range of business.
- Home and flexible working. They recognise that getting their best from their people and being a place where people want to work means being a flexible employer.
- Real career opportunities and career paths. Their whole philosophy as a business is to promote from within and set clear milestones for people to advance their career and gain promotions.
- Investment in your career and qualifications. A company that consistently invests in the careers of their people by paying for professional membership or funding new qualifications and training.
- Growing and stable business. Financially stable and secure the company carries zero debt and has a pipeline of work stretching into 2024 and beyond.
- Financial reward. In addition to offering competitive salaries their staff enjoy car allowances, pension, private healthcare, generous holiday entitlement, flexible benefits, travel allowances, expenses and regular pay reviews.
Senior Bid Manager role and responsibilities
Our client is looking for a Senior Bid Manager with experience of major construction projects – valued at £10+ Million. The company is one of the largest contractors in the region with an annual group turnover in excess of £1 Billion. The business has been established for several years and enjoys an excellent reputation with both their clients and employees alike. The Senior Bid Manager opportunity is for their construction division who undertake a broad range of projects including sectors such as commercial, education, healthcare and residential. Predominantly Design & Build, projects are typically valued at between £10 Million to £100 Million.
As Senior Bid Manager you will be responsible for managing bids throughout the process from enquiry, ITT, pre-qualification, ROIs through to submission and presentation supported by a strong pre-construction team including estimators, project managers and copy writers. The business is undergoing an expansion of it’s pre-construction delivery to reflect the growing size and success of the business so there will also be excellent opportunities to progress to Pre-Construction Management roles in the future.
Since becoming established the company has grown consistently in recent years with future growth plans meaning excellent opportunities for career progression. The business is in an excellent financial position, with a healthy order book for 2023 and beyond. In addition to offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the position of Senior Bid Manager, the company is also keen to invest in the personal and career development of their members of staff.
The company has already established an excellent reputation as a great place to work. Combined with strong financials, a healthy order book and excellent client relationships; they are well positioned to expand considerably over the next 5 years.
They operate as a main contractor on Traditional and Design & Build contracts typically valued at £2 Million to £20 Million. With a diverse portfolio their clients include local authorities, the NHS, private developers and end users. They have a pipeline of projects across education, healthcare, commercial, care homes and industrial/logistics.
They have ambitious targets to grow the business in a sustainable and profitable way so there will be excellent opportunities to progress beyond the Senior Bid Manager role. Established for several decades they have a network of offices across the country and the midlands office is one of their most successful.
Successful applicants will have a proven track record of undertaking the role of Bid Manager for a main contractor who undertake projects of a similar size and nature. In addition successful applicants should hold an HNC or degree level qualification in a construction discipline or be from a trades background.
Construction Senior Talent and our partner clients are equal opportunities employers.