Role - Senior Design Manager
Location - Sheffield
Salary/Package - £75,000 + Package
A national Main Contractor is currently looking to appoint a Senior Design Manger to be based on site/out of their office in the North East working on projects throughout the region. The company operates in various sectors including Education, Healthcare, Industrial, Commercial, Retail and Leisure.
As a Design Manager you will be responsible for managing the design process from pre planning to detailed design stage on projects ranging from £50-£100million.
Daily duties/key responsibilities
- Arrange and Chair Design Meetings with consultants and development team
- Attend and assist in briefing the Construction Project Team
- Assist with early design production, pre-start planning condition discharge, drainage, highway and other statutory approvals as required
- Instruct Consultants to undertake strategic designs and critique of outline plans
- Brief and engage Specialist Consultants/suppliers to undertake specialist reports for planning, then review and critique and manage risks to resolution.
- Review Tender Documentation
- Compile all the information and complete the Tender Design Checklist prior to handover to the Estimator for pricing
- Obtain and review various quotations from specialist Subcontractors
- Identify Risks and assist with the resolution of these risks.
- Review design drawings in accordance with Building Regulations
- Review design proposals from internal and external consultants ensuring most competitive and effective solution arrived at
- Support Procurement Department in evaluation of alternative design solutions offered by subcontractors
- Minimum HND qualification
- Commercial acumen with a detailed understanding of the project costs
- Proven experience of managing professional consultants
- Thorough understanding of the design development process
- Broad construction/design experience
- Proven experience of forging strong working relationships with internal and external customers
- Working knowledge of Building Regulations and other good practice design guidance
- Excellent IT skills particularly Microsoft Word/Excel
- Excellent planning and programming skills
- Experience with BIM and 3D Design
What is on offer
Our client is offering a competitive salary £75K + package.
If this position sounds of interest and you would like more information, or would like to apply, please do not hesitate to get in contact with Ryan Hayes at Fawkes & Reece on (option 3) or e-mail
If you are not interested but you know someone that might be, we pay a fee for successful referrals (terms apply)