Senior Electrical Estimator - Established Leading M&E Contractor - Co Tyrone
Your new company
A well established and successful M&E Contractor based in County Tyrone are seeking a Senior Electrical Estimator to join their team. This company have been trading for over 30 years and have a strong reputation in delivering projects in a wide range of sectors including Education, Healthcare, Retail, Utilities/Infrastructure Residential, Commercial and Industrial.
Your new role
As the Senior Electrical Estimator within the business, you will be working on a broad range of new build and refurbishment electrical engineering projects across the UK & Ireland. You will manage the Estimating Department and cost control alongside producing reports, planning, and managing projects.
- Full management of Estimating Department.
- Work closely with Contracts Managers and Procurement Team to ensure projects are tendered effectively and delivered on time and within budget.
- Responsible for winning new tenders and bringing new projects to the business.
- Effectively undertake Tender Enquiry activities in line with Company Processes, including commercial/technical aspects while maintaining non-collusive policy at all times.
- Ascertain the risks present on each individual project and record/manage via the risk register.
- Provide technical guidance, advice and bid support including involvement with tender programmes and methodologies.
- Attend site visits where applicable to ascertain tender requirements.
- Developing & maintaining good relationships with industry networks & clients.
- Assist with the development of O&M Manuals.
What you'll need to succeed
Applicants should come from an electrical background, ideally a Qualified Electrician or higher level qualification in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years' electrical estimating experience.
- Have proven experience with Trimble estimating & costing systems
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers in order to secure competitive prices.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of competency in the use of MS Office packages.
- Good verbal, written and numerical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a demanding environment.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to join a recognised and successful leading contractor on a permanent basis. As a family-owned business, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment where your skills and contributions are valued. You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package with opportunities for growth and advancement, and a supportive work culture that feels like a second family.
- Competitive Package
- Hybrid/Working from Home (optional)
- Performance related Bonus
- 30 days holidays (currently under review)
- Private Healthcare (which you can add family)
- Health & Wellness programme
- Free car parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #