Spencer & James Limited are seeking an established Senior Estimator, with experience in the Social Housing/ Property Services/ Refurbishment sector, who wants to join a intimate team at a 20m Per Annum family owned multi disciplinary Main Contractor.
You will play a pivotal role to the success of the business, through supporting the pre-construction team in preparing cost estimates from tender enquiry to tender settlement, while offering guidance and support to a Junior Estimator.
Role: Senior Estimator
Location: North London & travel to sites
Salary: 60,000 - 70,000 (Basic Salary)
Benefits: 25 Days Annual Leave (Option to buy or sell), Personal Development Programme, Private Healthcare, Company Pension & more benefits.
As a Senior Estimator within this team, you will be supporting the pre-construction team and managing a Junior Estimator to develop accurate cost estimates and prepare bids for tender within the Social Housing/ Property Services sector.
- Prepare and produce accurate cost estimates from Tender Enquiry to Tender Settlement.
- Support the Pre-Construction Manager in their role.
- Manage the Estimating process to ensure qualitative performance standards and timely completion.
- Plan and organize work to meet business timings and qualitative objectives.
- Follow Company policies and procedures for the business.
- Provide advice and support to colleagues as needed.
- Review jobs to enhance the bid process and gain a competitive advantage.
- Liaise with supply chain to process subcontractor enquiries and ensure timely responses.
- Evaluate subcontractor quotations and generate competitive costs for packages.
- Regularly review supply chain performance and address any discrepancies.
- Identify and account for tender risks in all contracts, while analysing lost tenders for improvements.
- Encourage efficient use of data spreadsheets and databases for accurate cost estimation.
- Foster relationships with supply chain partners, designers, and suppliers to support the bid process.
- Perform accurate measurements, take-offs, and quantity preparation for maximum competitive edge.
- Follow the internal tender handover process and ensure pricing levels align with business goals.
- Regularly liaise with the Head of Estimating for reviews and updates.
- Implement and follow all Estimating documents and procedures as required.
- Maintain regular communication with the Senior team regarding workload, holidays, procedures, and business targets.
- Identify and pursue learning opportunities, including site visits.
- 7+ years experience Estimating with a main contractor in the construction industry
- Estimating experience in the Social Housing/ Property Services sector at a Main Contractor
- Use of NHF Schedule of Rates
- HNC/ Degree in Construction related subject
- Proficient use of Estimating Software and Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- An excellent team player
If you have the desired experience and want to join an organisation where you will make a direct impact to their success, please apply and get in contact with Spencer & James - Your Recruitment Partner of Choice!