The Senior Estimator role
If you're an experienced Senior Estimator, this is your opportunity to work on career-enhancing Infrastructure projects for one of the industry's leading names. This role is an integral part of the bid team supporting the Infrastructure Division. If you have a passion for delivering innovative solutions and possess strong analytical and decision-making skills, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
In the 150 plus years since our foundation, Sir Robert McAlpine has worked on some of the country's most iconic buildings and projects. Our success through the decades has been down to our people - we're a family-owned business with a culture that brings out the best in individuals and teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing division within the business working across Energy, Rail, Industrial and Highways projects across the UK.
Working as a key member within tender teams, the successful candidate will be responsible for tender enquiry documentation, pricing of bills of quantities, measurement, preliminaries, and fees whilst investigating and price Value Engineering cost savings.
You will co-ordinate all aspects of the tender process, including the preparation and presentation of;
- Experience on significant Infrastructure
- Understanding of the Cost drivers that define a project and ability to convert engineering data into meaningful cost drivers.
- Understanding of all aspects of direct and indirect Costs
- Detailed project risk analysis schedules,
- Researching and understanding current market prices for subcontractors and materials,
- Analysis of subcontractor tender returns and production of subcontractor work package comparisons where applicable
- Labour, Plant and Material Build Ups
- Measurement and production of measured quantities from drawings or BIM models for incorporation in tender enquiries
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Degree, HND or NVQ equivalent
- Desirable Membership of RICS/CIOB/ A.Cost E
- Proficiency in taking-off quantities (CESMM).
- Experience using Candy estimating software.
- Strong Excel reporting capabilities
- Knowledge and experience in cost planning
- Familiarity with construction technology and innovative techniques
- Ability to work effectively in a team and contribute across a business unit or area.
- Excellent organisational, planning, and time management skills, allowing you to manage multiple projects without compromising on quality.
- Ability to ensure adherence to standards and specifications.
- Capacity to collaborate with senior management and set project and operational targets.
- Relevant experience in a similar role and with varying forms of procurement routes
- Outstanding negotiation and diplomacy skills, with the ability to make compelling business cases to senior stakeholders.
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We'd love you to join us in proudly building Britain's future heritage. Apply online now.
Sir Robert McAlpine is focused on being a truly inclusive employer, even if you don't meet every single requirement, we'd still love to hear from you. Especially if you're part of a group that is under-represented in Construction. Our goal is for Sir Robert McAlpine to proportionally represent the diversity of the working population in society. As a family-run business with strong family values, our aim is to ensure that Sir Robert McAlpine is a supportive, empowering and inclusive environment for every member of our team.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.