Fawkes & Reece (North)
Are you currently an Estimator working within the new build housing industry and seeking a new and exciting position?
We currently have a role available with a large regional House Builder who are continually building much needed housing throughout the Yorkshire regions. A driven and passionate company who seek to exceed expectations for all their customers.
The main responsibilities with this role are to assemble and appraise new land opportunities to deliver fully costed appraisal in working through clear and detailed technical drawings information for measurement take-off purposes. To ultimately deliver a complete budget cost appraisals and help assess its viability prior to bid. Also maintain these with regular updates to ensure robustness of the appraisals.
Duties and responsibilities.
- Secure land opportunities within our geographic operational area to generate profitable work, working alongside the Land and Technical function.
- Lead on contracting tender opportunities from receipt of EOI to entering into contracts.
- To maintain and develop working relationships with our local and national supply chains.
- Work closely with Technical and Construction teams to ensure 360′ feedback.
- To deliver information in a professional manner to promote the business in our area of operation.
- Initial appraisal of land opportunities based on information provided. Assess risks and opportunities, establish viability.
- Develop a strategy with the team to manage and appraise the financial element of the opportunity.
- Supporting value engineering or negotiating exercises where required.
- Monitor cost movement and maintain pricing rates.
- Provide trade breakdowns and appraisals to allow tendering budgets
- Compile Sub contract enquiries for issue electronically. Source subcontractors and suppliers capable of carrying the works specific to the project, size, complexity & location.
- Price draft preliminaries where required in line with the tender programme and the assigned project manager for the tender.
- Provide a cost overview to the Divisional CE/DMD/DFD
- Present the financial elements for the tender Adjudication meeting
- Assessing build costs, technical constraints, planning advice, programme, specification
- Develop appraisal to establish scheme viability
What is on offer;
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
If this position sounds of interest and you would like more information, or would like to apply, please do not hesitate to get in contact with Adam at Fawkes & Reece on (phone number removed) (option 3) or (url removed).
If you are not interested but you know someone that might be, we pay a fee for successful referrals (terms apply)