Thorn Baker Construction
Job Title: Senior I-Joist Designer
Location: East Midlands
Sector: Timber Frame
Thorn Baker’s award-winning housebuilder client is looking for a Senior I-Joist Designer to join their Timber-Build team and become a driving force in the successful growth of their company.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing detailed, accurate quotes and designs to meet client and business requirements whilst leading a small team of estimators.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive basic salary + annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance of 4 x your annual salary
- Methodical and logical problem solver with excellent timekeeping skills.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Work well under pressure, under own initiative and as part of a team
- Detail oriented, excellent organisation skills, strong multitasker.
- Able to form and maintain strong professional relationships.
- Produce detailed interpretations of project requirements.
- Produce accurate Bills of Materials and ancillary Take-offs.
- Prepare detailed and accurate quotation schedules.
- Provide technical assistance to site teams and factory colleagues, as and when required.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, and Teams. Experience working with CAD software desirable.
- Strong understanding of materials/components used in low-rise building construction.
- Experience leading and managing a small Team.
- Previous experience in the design of trussed roofs or timber frames advantageous but not essential
KEY SKILLS: Design, Construction, Timber, Timber Frame, I-Joists.
For more information on the role please contact Rhian at Thorn Baker on (phone number removed) or email: (url removed)