Our client, based in Aberdeen is looking for a Senior Project Tendering Engineer.
The Senior Project Engineer Tendering will contribute to plan, execute, and deliver in-house tenders, as part of a global support function, gaining in-depth exposure both within commercial and technical aspects of our business.
The Senior Project Engineer is a key member of the tendering team working closely across all levels of the Company, and will acquire in-depth exposure both to the commercial and technical aspects of our business.
- Lead and organize the technical delivery and interface with Engineering teams across the business.
- Define Subcontractor packages and issue SoW in due time to SCM.
- Key focus areas include: accurate offshore schedules; competitive technical solutions; assessing technical risks and operations; technical qualifications; ensuring timely cost input; and ensuring quality internal technical reviews.
- Make improvements where possible to current processes, having the confidence to suggest alternative and better ways of working.
- Ensure that engineers are fully aware of their responsibility in the tendering process.
- Contribute to contractual and commercial discussions and decisions in tenders.
- Implement and adhere to procedures necessary for maintaining the necessary quality and standards of work.
- Implement and maintain the experience transfer processes between projects and tenders.
Coordinate the performance of technical reviews, cost reviews and bid reviews with respect to on-going tenders.
- Ensure that the tenders are of suitable standard with regards to technical solutions selected.
- Detect and analyse critical items for a successful bid.
- Contribute with input and assist the Project Operations Team prior to the tender being awarded.
- Contribute to subcontractor/ supplier selection process.
- Support Estimators as required.
- Keep efficient correspondence with Clients on tender clarifications.
- Ensure lessons learned from projects are evaluated.
- You have a strong background as Lead Engineer (or equivalent).
- Able to deliver quality work within the agreed-upon constraints of time. Meeting deadlines for tenders and tasks is key in this job.
- Strong organisational skills and able to manage your time effectively.
- Flexible and able to work in a busy environment.
- Team player with good collaboration and communication skills.
- Well-developed MS Office skills.
For more information, please contact Sarah at Major Recruitment on (phone number removed).