Job Title: Technical Project Manager - Manufacturing / Engineering
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent role. Travel to customer sites is required as part of this role.
For the last 40 years, SF Engineering has been delivering advanced food production line solutions, equipment and after-sales care to the global food industry. Today we employ 120 people across two production sites and have designed, manufactured and installed food production line solutions for major blue chip food producers in 63 countries.
SF is proud to have a history of sustained growth and expansion. Our customer base extends across Australia, South Africa, the Middle East, Europe and North America and we are continuing to expand into new markets every year. We believe the key to our success can be attributed to our employees who share our passion to succeed.
As part of the next stage of our development we are recruiting a Project Manager to work collaboratively with the business ensuring the necessary project requirements are in place to achieve timelines to ensure successful project execution.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and technical professional who will take ownership of each assigned project from order confirmation to customer sign off.
Don't feel you meet all the requirements below? Don't worry! We're still keen to hear from you. One of our company values is flexible and when it comes to considering candidates who don't tick every box, we are open-minded. You may have other unique and relevant qualities you could bring to the role, and we offer the opportunity for training and development.
- Strong communication, analytical and influencing skills
- Proven experience in a Project Engineering position
- Strong engineering background (mechanical qualifications preferred)
- Methodical working approach
- Strong customer facing personality
- Ability to read AutoCad and Solidworks drawings essential
- IT proficient
- Take responsibility for technical support to other functions within SF throughout all allocated project timelines
- Producing layout drawings that reach optimum solutions to create value added propositions - establish a clear scope of supply for the Customer
- Specification of mechanical/electrical components such as belts, motors and pneumatics
- Manage all stage gate handovers as projects progress are completed efficiently and effectively
- Manage project budgets to ensure projected profitability is met
- Manage the project process to highlight at all stages any issues, overspends or risks to the project being executed successfully
- Develop in depth project plans to achieve project goals
- Utilise expertise to support all functions on technical issues such as specification of mechanical and electrical items
- Communicate with all parties internal and external
- Ensure all communication with customers and suppliers are recorded in written format
- Maintain project file and ensure completion by other parties
- Sign off at relevant project gates
- Responsible for developing the project process always looking to enhance the offering to the business and the customer
- Work across operations to ensure that department meets and betters all demands.
- Proactively work as part of Operations team to achieve business goals
- Proactive liaison with the sales team - identifying additional sales revenue outside of the original scope of supply in line with SF strategic development
- Constant interrogation of product design to identify and implement cost savings and lean manufacturing/process improvements
- Work towards ensuring all project dimensions is fully traceable and auditable
SF Engineering have the ability to provide sponsorship for candidates who require it, subject to meeting the skilled worker visa requirements.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Project Management, Project Estimator, Project Planning, Project Coordinator, Project Director, Senior Project Lead, Senior Project Manager, Senior Project Coordinator, Project Manager, Project Lead, Lead Project Manager, may also be considered for this role.