An excellent opportunity has now arisen for a Trainee Estimator to join our client, based in High Wycome.
This role provides a great opportunity to learn the role of a sub-contractor estimator which involves building costs up from first principles, through to a full sales price.
This role could suit a school leaver or someone with experience. Salary ranges from £18k - £25k plus benefits.
Working alongside our team of experienced Estimators you will undertake the following activities:
- To receive enquiries allocated by either the Senior Estimators or the Divisional Director.
- Take off quantities where necessary from drawings.
- Scan in Bills of quantities where available.
- Send out enquiries for materials and sub-contract items.
- Receive and evaluate prices for materials and sub-contractors.
- Build up the price using either the estimating system or an Excel spreadsheet.
- Liaise with sales to ensure that any tender presentation is requested in adequate time.
- Attend sales meetings as required and chase up / follow through any priced projects as discussed in those sales meetings to either an order or a lost job.
- Calculate any preliminary costs using the Excel prelim spreadsheet.
- Present the price to the either the Senior Estimators or Divisional Director for adjudication.
- Finalise any changes made and submit the price.
- Prepare a monthly schedule of prospects for submission to the Divisional Director.
- Maintain and update on a weekly basis as a minimum the estimating register.
In order to be successful, you should have GCSE's in Mathematics and English at a grade C or above ideally coupled with experience working within the construction / estimating industry, although we would consider candidates without experience.
- 25 days holiday
- Private medical cover
- Pension contribution
- Access to employee assistance programme with excellent wellbeing benefits
Please note that we will only contact those candidates that we assess as suitable for the positions we have currently available based on their experience, training, and skills. If we do not have anything suitable, we will not keep your CV for more than 30 days.
As an equal opportunity employer, Bucks and Berks Recruitment is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.